Where are the A340-500's

zipped

Guest Radar

According to my information.........

FIN 952 - C-GKOM is due around April 15th
FIN 951 - C-GKOL is due early to mid May

Okay, so my info was wrong. Not the first time. Second question. Does anyonw know what route they will be flying this summer? Also is it true that some A319's will be operating Zipper flights? Lots of chit chat in the jungle.

Narita? That's interesting. The A340-300 can do that route. But of course, the -500 is supposed to have flat beds in J and is larger than a -300, so maybe the airline is going with the route where it can get the biggest yield.

Guest Radar

The plan for the A340-500s at the moment is to put them on AC001/002 YYZ-NRT-YYZ effective June 1st. I believe they are on that run instead of the proposed YYZ-HKG non-stop because they have not come to an agreement with CUPE about extended duty days for the flight attendants. Time will tell.

With 2 airplanes they can't do the ulta long haul routes on a daily basis. They could only use them on YYZ=HKG or YVR-SYD if they operated 3 X per week.

Guest Radar

I copy your comment, I guess I missed the news release? Thanks for the info. Please disregard my post in that case.

Archived