Good article on Jetsgo

Guest toeblake

Guest Eclipse

From the grapevine I understand Jetsgo's MD-80 started with a very sweet lease rate.($5000
per month) But that rate goes back to the norm very soon. Can anyone shed more light on this?

Guest jeanmermoz

I heard an interesting theory about the lease agreement of Jetsgo: it is not a monthly rent, or rent by the hour. It seems, that remains to be confirmed or infirmed, that Jetsgo rents its a/c by the seats flown, i.e. if there is 50 pax, he pays for 50 seats, etc...That could explain why he is not doing too bad...

What is patently clear in this article is Mike expects everyone to take him at his word, Why? He is 0 for 4 in the airline business and required "training bonds" to get pilots. Why did he not do this with the engineers? Because at the time of start up there was work everywhere (times have changed now) and most would tell him to pound salt. If he wants the criticisms to stop re: load factors then put up or shut up.

What is patently clear in this article is Mike expects everyone to take him at his word, Why? He is 0 for 4 in the airline business and required "training bonds" to get pilots. Enough has been covered on this forum on that subject.
I particularly enjoyed this little tidbit "Jetsgo employees, who are largely ex-Royal workers, enjoy no similar benefits. "When you start up, you can't address every damn issue," says Leblanc. "But we're going to look at incentivizing our employees in stock ownership, profit-sharing, options or something." Every damn issue!! I actually laughed out loud when I read this, the profit share, stock purchase model works, end of discussion. "incentivizing" is that actually a word?
If he wants the criticisms to stop re: load factors then put up or shut up thinks me.

Guest b52er

Lets see........73.7% divided by......2 for 1.........equals.........36.85% paying load factor. Yup.....ML is making money. I suppose he's including each of the pilots $30000.00 contribution as a subsidization of each passengers fare to make up the rest. Hey.......what a great idea. I can't understand why the rest of the discounters havn't figured this out yet! That ML......he sure is innovative!

Archived