CAT3DUAL

dragon

CAT3DUAL

This exchange went on down the page and I wanted to respond. I only saw it now, my apologies.

I said, ”Thinking outside the box? Exactly!

ACPA and ALPA, this is a great opportunity to correct some wrongs, DO NOT &%$@! it up, for the good of all of us.”

You said, ”Curious, exactly what wrongs would that be?”

Specifically, those wrongs would include all pilots at the then Regionals, who were, through no fault of their own, [LOU18 and union infighting, freezes etc] denied the same opportunity to flow to Air Canada, as you and I were, either temporarily or completely, as the process unfolded. It would also include pilots, through circumstance, who made the decision to stay, again, by and large, due to family circumstance, timing or other union misinformation.. I have always believed that those two groups especially, were caught and that the process let them down.

I know it is easy to look back, like the Canadian guys did with EPA. [No offence, is it true that the worst affected in that merger was 8 numbers and yet it did not go?] It may have come back to haunt them but that is not the point. The point is that it was wrong then and it remains wrong today as well. With a small sacrifice from mainline pilots, we could perhaps help to correct an unfortunate fraction from our past.

How? I don’t know but I do believe that to dismiss it completely is a failing.

That’s just my opinion…

Attitudes like you offer, will not move the case of those I mentioned, forward. As well, I would hope that those affected, could be offered the opportunity without the old Austin [you one of them?]dark coats able to influence the process in any way.

People should be able to make their own minds up regardless of other’s opinions or agendas.

Well, I still don't see what the wrongs were unless you can get more specific. Case by case, otherwise every regional pilot was handed a golden chance to get on with AC in May 95.

The family thing I don't buy. All the candidates in my 550 class were family men and were leaving secure jobs with good pay to go to uncertainty and a new beginning. Like most I had a family, a mortgage, car payments, all the trappings of a 34 year old well into his career. Never once did I expect or demand anything more then any other AC pilot hired previously to me.

As you can see the general attitude of most of the senoir ACR and CRA guys hasn't changed much over the years. Qtip is prime example, and unfortunatly, they bring nothing to the table except demands

Now if you are talking about the CRA guys who got left behind, who had spots waiting for them at CAIL. What can I say, thats an unfortunate situation, but again I don't see why I as original AC should fix a deal that CRA ALPA negotiated with CAIL ALPA.

Just as a note, I'm sorry that you might of thought that I was trying to open up a debate or discussion with you, I was not, although I do thank you for responding. I'm generally a lurker here, and when I do post, I try and keep it light. I know that might sound like a cop-out, time are hard enough these days without dredging up old s#!t.

Thanks

Archived