Where is this from???

Kip Powick

This is the article from todays Globe and Mail. Perhaps, just perhaps,...part of this story came from here.

Here is part of the story...the rest is at the LINK below

"The message from the company at this meeting was dramatically different. The company stated that the time it would take to negotiate and realize the benefits of these changes would not address their more immediate concerns," ACPA chairman Rainer Bauer said in a recorded announcement to the airline's pilots.

Instead, Mr. Bauer said, Air Canada asked the pilots for three major concessions:

Forfeit a $6-million "loyalty" bonus scheduled to be paid to the pilots on April 2

Forfeit a 2.5-per-cent wage increase scheduled for April 2, and

Agree to an "immediate" wage rollback of 15 per cent.

Air Canada declined to confirm or deny the specifics of its request to the pilots

LINK..............

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030308.wxairc0308/BNStory/Business

Guest Eventer

Looks like good journalistic research to me!

Out of your entire group, I highly doubt that exGXer is the only person who thinks it appropriate to share information which is of great interest to Air Canada shareholders and the Canadian public alike!

Looks like good journalistic research to me!

Ya, me too. As kip said, "Outsiders" can not access the MEC Chair info line but if one has passed on their member ID and password to "someone"

Looks like good journalistic research indeed. Or maybe just a friend of a Rat with a piece of cheese he stumbled on.

You are entitled to your definition of’ good journalistic research.

Guest Eventer

I especially enjoy your use of the word "outsiders". I reiterate my earlier assertion that all you ever needed to know about the ACPA state of mind, you can read about in "The SNEETCHES and other stories", copyright, 1961 by Dr. Seuss!!

"...because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches would brag, "We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches."

With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort "we'll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!"

And whenever they met some, when they were out wakling, they'd hike right on past them without even talking."

"...And "When the Star-Belly Sneetches had frankfurter roasts...

Or picnics or parties or marshmellow toasts,

They never invited the Plain-Belly Sneetches.
They left them out cold, in the dark of the beaches.

They kept them away. Never let them come near.

And that's how they treated them year after year

Guest ah crap

This is amazing. The one post from exGXer has sent this forum into world war three. Instead of complaining about the guy why not concentrate on other aspects? What are the concessions being asked of other unions? Is Robert going to be asking AC's top brass to give up their bonuses and agree to a wage cut back? I highly doubt it but since they plan on saving so much money by shafting the ACPA group...oh wait, they're spending it already. Nice new colors on the Zip planes...

Guest ah crap

This is amazing. The one post from exGXer has sent this forum into world war three. Instead of complaining about the guy why not concentrate on other aspects? What are the concessions being asked of other unions? Is Robert going to be asking AC's top brass to give up their bonuses and agree to a wage cut back? I highly doubt it but since they plan on saving so much money by shafting the ACPA group...oh wait, they're spending it already. Nice new colors on the Zip planes...

Guest Eventer

Perhaps,...but not untrue!

With respect to exGXer's post, I must agree with the sentiments of Cargo Agent. IMO he did us all a favour by forwarding the info.

Unfortunately, your group's actions have a very profound effect on the entire industry and so we need to know, in a timely fashion, what's happening in your neck of the woods.

Besides, misery loves company!

Eventer

WW 111, not quite. Complaining?..

"By shafting the ACPA group" who said anything about shafting?

I cannot control the other groups and I have no intention to direct my MEC to play one group off another. Rather, I will direct them to work with the company to find solutions to our challenge and to find them quickly.

I think if Robert had any intent to follow your thought, that would have been established by now.

Eventer,

You are free to agree with EGR, I am free to disagree. You are free to resort to a retort quoting a famous and one of my favourite authors. Choose your weapon and run with it..

Do not for a second think that the pilots will have any more profound an effect on our work ahead than any other group. We are in this together and the only way we are coming out the other end is together.

If you want to collect a pension some day, you would do well to keep that in mind.

Archived