For JET DUDE and ZIPPED

Kip Powick

JET DUDE said…….I have read a number of posts on this forum by Dagger, he seems to come across as the self appointed airline industry know it all, and the only one who seems to have all the solutions.

Lord knows I don’t have to defend DAGGER but my take on "Stabbing knife" is that he has an opinion, whether it is right or wrong, which is most often backed up with facts. I dare say he is more cognizant than most when it comes to the infrastructure and mechanics of an airline and goes to great lengths to ensure his information is not only timely, but also appropriate for the subject at hand. Certainly he can be sarcastic, can’t we all, but to come forth with your foregoing statement is totally unwarranted. Based on your “profile” I see you have a total of 2 posts on AEF at the present time. You may, however have been “lurking”, as is your option, but based on your opening post, one would have to conclude that you have failed to do much research prior to coming to a very hasty and sarcastic conclusion…… but then again perhaps “your handle” says it all, DUDE….

ZIPPED said … As far as Dagger being the self proclaimed know it all, I would bet Neo would have something to say about that. Dagger works for CX and they just received an employee bonus for having such a good year

Another example of shooting from the hip without justification. Re NEO…. Yes he has opinions and that is what they are, opinions, but he does have the guts to lay it out the way he sees it. How about giving credit where credit is due?? I am sure there are many that wish they had the talent to write in a lucid manner, in a manner that gives the reader pause to reflect and really absorb what is written. Half the stuff on AEF is just “fluff and rant”.(even this). There is nothing wrong with that type of writing but I think one has to consider the source of the post before one starts to cast oblique dispersions on an author.

As for DAGGER, I have a wheelbarrow of money that says DAGGER does not work for CX…any bets ??? :)

And finally, I’m really tired of the bitching about the puny $10.00 surcharge for fuel. Goodness knows, enough posters have alluded to the fact that gas has gone up so what is the big beef ??? Give it a rest…this is a “perk”, it was not negotiated so why complain ? Believe me there are really bigger issues on the table and if all else fails and you don’t want to utilize your company…take Greyhound or VIA…hey, what about WJ ???

Just my opinion from out here.

What is this forum for if you can't state your opinions. The fuel surcharge is gouging the employees and most I know agree with me. Why not put a 100.00 fuel surcharge on the passes and be done with it. The company will make lots of money than, right.

My comments re Neo were not meant as derogatory.
He certainly has lots to say but not sure if management will have him yet. Too smart for them.

Don't always agree with Dagger but he's cool.

There are lots of good things about the new pass policy but the 10.00 surcharge is not one of them. The company is wrong to implement them. Rant over for sure this time on pass surcharges...good night.

"I have a wheelbarrow of money that says DAGGER does not work for CX…any bets ???"

From the "self-proclaimed know-it-all", I have no idea who dagger is.

No bet.

neo

The three above just don't get it! I'm sure they will complain about conditions and perks all the way to the unemployment line. Like many of their brothers to the south. Be happy with what you have and don't focus on what you don't have!

Sorry, I in fact do get IT..
1. AC is in a sorry state.
2. I do not run AC and either do you.
3. I don't worry for a minute that AC will or will not survive, but I do believe it will.
4. I don't worry about the unemployement line. I have seniority and confindence that my skills will enable me employement if the worse happens.
5. The ability to travel on a pass is not
that important to me. It's still wrong for the company to gouge the employees with the surcharges. I don't see the discussion about the surcharges on this forum as complaining.
I'm am very happy/contented with what I have and who I am.

Archived