WJ Connoisseur

Kip Powick

After arriving in YYZ, the WJ pilot headed for his hotel and after changing out of his uniform took to the streets and entered a local pub. He asked the bartender for a shot of 25 year old scotch.(He was a Captain and could afford the good stuff)

The bartender, looking to have a little fun, and make a few extra dollars, poured the Captain a shot of bar brand scotch.

The pilot, after taking his first sip, realized that this is not what he ordered, called over the bartender. "Excuse me, do you remember what I ordered".

"Why certainly sir", said the bartender, "You wanted a shot of 25 year old scotch".

"That is correct", replied the Rocketman "The scotch you served, can't be more than 2 years old".

The bartender apologized, but was a little upset for being caught, tried once more to fool the pilot by pouring him a shot of 12-year-old scotch.

After his first taste of the scotch, the Captain immediately knew, this was not the beverage of his choice.

So once again, he called over the bartender, to verify his drink order. "Bartender, can you tell me again what I ordered".

"Yes sir, you ordered a shot of my 25 year old scotch".

"Again that is correct". But unfortunately, the scotch you served is not more than 12 years old".

At this point the bartender was impressed, and realized that the customer was a true connoisseur of scotch whiskey, and went off to get his 25-year-old scotch.

With savoring only a few drops, the Captain knew he finally got what he ordered, and commented to the bartender, "Now this is, 25-year-old scotch".

Sitting in a corner, exhausted by a full days work, MITCH, who had witnessed the entire event, lurches over to the pilot and says, "Hey buddy, try this drink.”

The Captain, not wanting any trouble, took the glass from MITCH, and gave a taste. Immediately, he spit it out, and screamed, "My god man, this is urine".

"That’s right", yelled MITCH, "But how old am I?"

Archived