United

conehead

I don't know how to make a link, but there's a story @ Yahoo that says United Airlines is going to ask the I.A.M to take a pay cut! These will be very interesting negotiations.

Wait a second... didn't the United maintenance guys recently vote between AMFA and IAM? Does the IAM still represent Maintenance?

Somebody please enlighten me.

Thanks

Yep, the IAM managed to hang on to them... this time...

The really sad thing is that prior to 09/11 the IAM had been offered a deal that would have brought the pay for maintenance to the same level as NWA... But the IAM didn't accept it because there wasn't enough in it for the rest of their lot. Familiar story...

That could be so.... Though I would hope things will have turned around considerably by next June. Anyway, I guess it's a moot point regardless.

Mitch I think you need to clarify that a little.The IAM (idiots against mechanics)had an offer from UAL that would have given percentage increases equal to that of NWA but(place a strong emphasis on but)the IAM rejected it because UAL refused to grant the same sort of increase to the baggage people,and in the IAM's (lack of)wisdom it is equal increases for all or nothing!They did the same thing back in 97 when the UAL offered 8,8,8 for the maintenance people and 3,3,3 for the baggage people and the IAM flat out rejected it!I fear that if the IAM now agree to wage concessions they will have just committed career suicide,too bad so sad,see ya useless IAM!!!

Guest ken hickerson

Unfortunately the point isn't moot. We have only prebargained issues like the wage increase. 'Due to the economic downturn...' will be the phrase that will be ringing come june, and those pre-bargained issues are signed away(much like our 'no lay-off clause')

Archived