Dr. Google

J.O.

Absolutely J.O...I agree...self diagnosis can be a real problem......however in our family Goooooogling health INFORMATION, (not self diagnosis), allowed us to go to the doctor well armed with appropriate questions and after the visit it allowed us to research his comments.

Without going into detail, I found the amount of medical info available, as it pertained to our situation, extremely helpful and quite a stress reliever.

We were also able to Goooooogle the specific surgeon we wanted and had a very good idea of his status, track record, and his abilities.

The surgery was extremely serious and it was comforting knowing the sequence we could expect once we checked into the hospital in YZ.

All in all, I love the idea of having the info available on the INet but we have never used the info we have searched as a diagnostic tool but rather as an information tool.

What we have now is a more comprehensive selection of medical information that we did not have when people were using the Readers Digest as their medical bible. smile.gif

What people have to realize that NOT everything on the INet is true and there can be much misinformation out there........time to sift carefully !!

Well said Kip. There are some sites that provide good information on not only questions to ask, but on things like testing, treatment options and side effects that can be very helpful, particularly after a diagnosis has been made. The main point of the story was to say that one should be sure to consult a doctor when any new symptoms arise that would cause you to question your health.

Archived