For Mitch..........

Mitch.. Boat Question

Between the flywheel on the 350 small block GMs and the Velvet Drive Transmission is a plate that is shaped like the letter "Y". Each arm of the "Y" has 2 small springs laying horizontally 1/2 way up each arm of the "Y". This plate is actually bolted to the flywheel.

Is there a technical name for that piece..?...... cause I can't find it on the Internet..

( heard a ticking noise.(stbd engine)..metal to metal at low RPM in fwd and reverse...Apparently a couple of the springs are starting to wear and came loose...anyhow that plate and springs have to be replaced....delayed 72 hours mad.gif )

Thanks if you know..if you don't...hey.. have a great summer biggrin.giftongue.gif

Guest rattler

I am sure that Mitch will come up the right answer but I sent you a PM with what it could be. Cheers

DRIVE DAMPER.....

Thanks a lot Rattler.....I thought I "Gooooogled" everything connected with the Velvet Drive but I certainly missed the link you so kindly gave me in the PM....

I just know people are going to ask me why I am a bit late this year and rather than describe the item, I thought it might be better to put a name to it!!

Sorry Kip, ...was watching the Nascar race... Glad to see Rattler found it for you... I would've had to look it up too. So the thing sounds like the boat drive equivalent of the damper on clutch pressure plate?

I dunno about your wife, but I know any noises that I couldn't immediately explain got plenty of attention on my boat... and then came more questions about even the noises I could explain. sad.gif .... So even things that would have easily been MEL'able got fixed right quick. tongue.gif

Enjoy your cruising Kip...

Cheers beer_mug.gif

Archived