Today's Life Lesson

J.O.

cool.gif

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally, he decided that since the donkey was old, and that the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to try to save the donkey.

He invited some of his neighbours to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel full of dirt that hit his back, the donkey would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer and his neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the donkey, he would shake it off and take a step up.

Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

The lesson:

When you’re in a hole, life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the hole is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest holes just by not stopping, and never giving up! So shake it off and take a step up.

Remember these five simple rules to be happy:

Free your heart from hatred - forgive.

Free your mind from worries - most never happen.

Live simply and appreciate what you have.

Give more.

Expect less.

NOW ...........

Enough of that crap . . The donkey later came back, and bit the farmer on the back side. The nasty gash in his butt got infected and the farmer eventually died in agony from toxic shock.

The Real Moral of this story is:

When you do something wrong, and try to cover your ass, it always comes back to bite you!

Now you have two choices... you can smile and close this page, or you can pass this along to someone else to spread the fun. You won’t get a $25,000 cheque from Bill Gates, but you may put a smile on a friend’s face!

Perception ????...............

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken woman swigging her drink, as she sat alone at a nearby table.

My wife asked, 'Do you know her?'

'Yes,' I sighed. 'She's my old girlfriend. I understand she started drinking right after we split up those many, many years ago, and I hear she hasn't been sober since.'

'My God!' said my wife. 'Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?'

So you see, there really are two ways to look at everything wink.gif

Perception ????...............

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken woman swigging her drink, as she sat alone at a nearby table.

My wife asked, 'Do you know her?'

'Yes,' I sighed. 'She's my old girlfriend. I understand she started drinking right after we split up those many, many  years ago, and I hear she hasn't been sober since.'

'My God!' said my wife. 'Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?'

So you see, there really are two ways to look at everything wink.gif

There's another way of looking at your story? blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Archived