Yet another test

Guest rattler

Guest rattler

Talk about a mix of real and phoney numbers. Using the actual seating config of AirCanada's 319,320 & 321 the seat average is 142, but to be accurate you would need to factor in the absolute numbers of each type. I suspect for instance on that basis that the numbers for Westjet would be even higher as they only have 10 600s vs 53 of the larger aricraft. As for AC, they will never operate the aircraft in all "Y", so you have to use the real vs the fictional seating (but to be accurate you would have to factor it by actual fleet numbers ..... So your first argument is dead in the water. But I guess you could argue for parity on that equipment type but what about the "heavy" metal that Westjet will never see but that all current AirCanada pilots (juniors -young- that is) will eventually get to?

Lakelad...

I read part of your response prior to them being "zapped" and had a testing question for you. You mentioned that you had to run a conversion of the chart from .pdf to .jpg - do we still need an external hosting site to post these resulting images or are you able to post directly into the forum?

Lakelad: sorry about that but since you tagged your post to a test of mine I assumed you wanted some comments on it.  biggrin.gif

Understood, thx. Ordinarily I test by just tacking on a reply to the last post (yours in this case) as I can delete it when finished and minimize the clutter of 'empties' associated with initial posts. These test posts are usually only up a couple of minutes to validate appearance and then xxld. In this case, I wanted to get a measure of the traffic the link to the decision pdf would draw as there are some bandwidth limitations at the host site (pilots don't have a lock on cheap wink.gif). This resulted in an extended period of exposure and as I can see now, the not unreasonable assumption it was directed to yourself. A lesson learned, cheers.

Lakelad...

I read part of your response prior to them being "zapped" and had a testing question for you.  You mentioned that you had to run a conversion of the chart from .pdf to .jpg - do we still need an external hosting site to post these resulting images or are you able to post directly into the forum?

CD,

Think I might have misread your question originally - yes, the pdf to jpg file has the same posting attributes and restrictions as any other jpg file.

In this particular case I am restricted to using external hosting as the file size is a few KB over the internal posting limit for jpg's.

e.g.

user posted image

However, you can also use the board's internal 'file attachment' function if you can get in under the 200KB limit.

e.g.

post-6-1162681188_thumb.jpg

Archived