Air Botswana

Stickle

I know this is somewhat of an odd request. I am planning a trip to Africa and part of the itinerary involves travelling on Air Botswana. A travel agent told me that they had very restrictive baggage rules but couldn't tell me what they were. I can't seem to find anything with respect to baggage on their website. Perhaps one of our travel agent friends on here can explain further if they have the information.

I've left a couple of messages on their phone line that is avaialbel here this week and no calls back. It's very weird that they don't even have an email link under their contact us.

Guest rattler

According to their web site

Cabin Baggage

Due to limited cabin baggage space, passengers are allowed only one small piece of hand baggage not exceeding 7 kg. This is for safety reasons, as the baggage has to fit in the overhead stowage. Any excess hand baggage will be placed in the aircraft hold at the boarding time.

This may answer your overall question:

Luggage is restricted to 12kg (26 lbs) maximum per person for travel to Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Air transfers in South Africa (Federal Air) have a luggage restriction of 20kg (44 lbs) maximum per person.

I know this is somewhat of an odd request. I am planning a trip to Africa and part of the itinerary involves travelling on Air Botswana. A travel agent told me that they had very restrictive baggage rules but couldn't tell me what they were. I can't seem to find anything with respect to baggage on their website. Perhaps one of our travel agent friends on here can explain further if they have the information.

I've left a couple of messages on their phone line that is avaialbel here this week and no calls back. It's very weird that they don't even have an email link under their contact us.

If your travelling on a ticket solely issued by Air Botswana with only Air Botswana space on it total allowance is 20kg.

If your travelling on a ticket issued lets say British Airways with BA space and Air Botswana space then you will have the allowance that British Airways alllows for all flights on your ticket. This info directly from Air Botwana.

cool26.gifcool26.gifcool26.gif

Archived