TS Customer Service ?

TS decided to lower the limit of the allowable weight for scuba gear on their flights down to the Caribbean effective 01 April 2006

30 March 2006.. I send an email….

to TS Customer Service and ask for an explanation as to why the lowering of the limit and tactfully explain that it is very difficult to get all ones scuba gear within the new weight limitations.

04 April 2006….. This is TS’s reply

We acknowledge receipt of your electronic mail.

We thank you very much for your comments, which we have transmitted to the concerned management for their acknowledgement and internal review.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you very soon.

Sincerely yours,

20 May 2006 I send this email

Request the courtesy of a reply.....It is nearing two months since I sent my initial email.

Regards,

23 May 2006 I receive this reply

Thank you for getting back to us. Please allow us to mention that as per Air Transat procedures, all correspondences sent by our valued clients are transferred to the concerned management so that they are aware of the nature of the letters we receive. We assure you that all necessary follow-ups are done and remedied action is taken when and if necessary. However, this remains internal and no feedback is forwarded back to us. This is why we mentioned in our previous letter that we were transmitting your letter to the concerned management for their acknowledgement and internal review. Therefore no further correspondence will be attributed.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for taking the time to send us your comments and express your opinion.

Sincerely yours,

In other words…we have no answer for you…… nor do we intend to give you one.

IMHO this says very little for the Customer Service department at Air Transat

Guest rattler

TS decided to lower the limit of the allowable weight for scuba gear on their flights down to the Caribbean  effective 01 April 2006

30 March 2006.. I send an email….

to TS Customer Service and ask for an explanation as to why the lowering of the limit and tactfully explain  that it is very difficult to get all ones scuba  gear within the new weight limitations.

04 April 2006….. This is TS’s reply

We acknowledge receipt of your electronic mail. 

We thank you very much for your comments, which we have transmitted to the concerned management for their acknowledgement and internal review.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you very soon.

Sincerely yours,

20 May 2006  I send this email

Request the courtesy of a reply.....It is nearing two months since I sent my initial email.

Regards,

23 May 2006  I receive this reply

Thank you for getting back to us. Please allow us to mention that as per Air Transat procedures, all correspondences sent by our valued clients are transferred to the concerned management so that they are aware of the nature of the letters we receive. We assure you that all necessary follow-ups are done and remedied action is taken when and if necessary. However, this remains internal and no feedback is forwarded back to us. This is why we mentioned in our previous letter that we were transmitting your letter to the concerned management for their acknowledgement and internal review.  Therefore no further correspondence will be attributed.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for taking the time to send us your comments and express your opinion.

Sincerely yours,

In other words…we have no answer for you…… nor do we intend to give you one.

IMHO this says very little for the Customer Service department at Air Transat

But unfortunately for you it does say everything regarding the value they place on passengers who travel with their scuba gear vs their other clientele..

And try sending letters to dozens of other "service providers"......what exactly do you expect? You receive the standard "thank you" for your patronage; acknowledgement of your status as a "valued customer"; and, assurance that your concerns are important to "them".

It's the present-day reality of customer service. People write...some (a very few) reply with substance; others (most) with pleasantries like fluff blown with the wind.

Archived