Two tiered health care system...

Handyman

I expected more from you.

We are talking health care not whether my Roller needs a tune-up!

To denigrate me by suggesting I may have voted NDP really annoys me. Its none of your business,

How you spend your money is none of my business. I never questioned that.

To both of you , I wish you well. I also hope you learn what compassion means,

End of post for me! icon_head222[1].gif

Spoken like a true NDP'r. biggrin.gif

It is frustrating that we can't have a first rate free system but like I said, please don't prevent others from the freedom of choice and the ability to spend the money they earned! If you want to rely on the system then be prepared to get only what it can afford. tongue.gif

PS...your Roller needs a tune-up. laugh.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may not know this, but many of the good doctors have alreadyleft for the USA and other locales.  Allowing me to pay for services above and beyond universal health care may actually attract some of them back.

This point is actually not far from the truth but one would have to examine why these physicians have left. In many cases, it has to do with the salary caps associated with working under the present system. Physicians can only receive a certain amount per year from the public system (I want to say something in the area of $400,000) and so many decide to leave the country so that they are able to earn more.

This could be an unintentional consequence of a change to the system in Canada as well. Physicians here may opt-out of the public system in favour of the higher wages associated with private practice. If not managed correctly, in the worst case scenario, this could result in the collapse of universal health care in Canada altogether.

Guest woxof
Woxof

Do not attack my character only my opinions.

To both of you , I wish you well. I also hope you learn what compassion means,

End of post for me! icon_head222[1].gif

Is compassion part of someone's character? Hmmm, you just attacked mine. Double standards?

Imagine that. I have no compassion because I decided not to wait months for an MRI and took an alternative route. I suggest you have little compassion for those that you would force to wait months or years for service. Yet when someone doesn't like that sort of system, all of a sudden they have no compassion.

Everyone realize this. In the future, this girl will make you or your loved ones wait in line for a long, long time in pain or will support a system that does, while talking for years about how it needs to be improved while it never does. And if you don't like it, you are bad.

I support universal health care, but not the way it is. I want the option to pay and shorten the line for myself and those behind me.

One last little thing, ?

Archived