Posting Hint.....

As with most forums, there is no way one can make a specific reply to a specific poster if one arrives at the thread a bit late. You may want to dispute a point made by XXXX but there are four posts below his post.

You add your post but don't direct it to the individual you wish to debate with, it confuses the last poster, and all hell breaks out.

Here is a suggestion.............if you wish to respond/debate/argue with a specific poster, then the first line of your post could be the posters name XXXX

EXAMPLE...........

XXXX

In your last post you refer to all pilots as rich dorks but that is not true, I know an RJ pilot and, although he is a dork, he is not rich.

YYY

If you are just offering an opinion, general knowledge, etc., then "directing" your remark is not really required...make sense ???

Just a thought from an old guy who is very easily confused. blink.gif

Well looky here...I made the "member's list. I think that happens when you hit 30 posts and I also noted that I have TWO little squares below the word "member" now.

I really feel special now.... laugh.gif

Another fellow alluded to this and I will repeat it... If you want to change your "signature" and do so, all your posts, old and new, will have the "new signature" block... Sorta wish that didn't happen.

Tomorrows "hump" day.... the middle of the week...so have a nice "hump". wink.gif

Guest CFV2

As with most forums, there is no way one can make a specific reply to a specific poster if one arrives at the thread a bit late. You may want to dispute a point made by XXXX but there are four posts below his post.

You add your post but don't direct it to the individual you wish to debate with, it confuses the last poster, and all hell breaks out.

Here is a suggestion.............if you wish to respond/debate/argue with a specific poster, then the first line of your post could be the posters name XXXX

EXAMPLE...........

XXXX

In your last post you refer to all pilots as rich dorks but that is not true, I know an RJ pilot and, although he is a dork, he is not rich.

YYY

If you are just offering an opinion, general knowledge, etc., then "directing" your remark is not really required...make sense ???

Just a thought from an old guy who is very easily confused. blink.gif

You mean, like this? It puts the original poster's name, and the date of the post with the "Quote" portion.

To do it, just hit the "quote" button in the top right corner of the original post..... It'll add it into your reply automatically.

You mean, like this? 

CFV2,

That's one way, but often the quote isn't needed. You can easily see who I'm replying to here, for instance, simply by my addressing you, even without the quote I've included.

I included the quote to demonstrate that you can also edit what's in the quote box, so as not to cloud issues or confuse anyone with unnecessary inclusions. smile.gif

Guest CFV2

Well, the quote does help distinguish who you're addressing, which I thought was the original intent of this thread. Besides, it keeps everything pretty seamless.... and is fairly easy to use.

Maybe I'm wrong.... wouldn't be the first time that happened today cool.gif

Well, the quote does help distinguish who you're addressing, which I thought was the original intent of this thread.  Besides, it keeps everything pretty seamless.... and is fairly easy to use.

Your way is very good as well, but unfortunately, many are not aware of how to use the quote feature. Perhaps by reading this thread you have enlightened many.

The "quote" feature above the text box in the "reply working window" can also be used but that involves "copy and paste" and like you said, it does not indicate to whom you are referring.

Personally, I think both ways, addressing a specific poster and the quote management, are an attractive option to keep the conversation flowing and the reader aware of "who's dissing who". tongue.gif

Archived