Confessions of an addict

In the previous incarnation of this forum, my boss would post his thoughts occasionally.... He didn't ever identify himself as the boss, and I have no proof, but just the same, I'm certain of it.

It so happens that my boss and I have a very common interest at the moment, so as his interests and mine converge, and while I know him to be a great influence in my own future, it follows that I'd be acutely interested in his points of view.

...and it's not just the boss.... the same reasons he's been attracted here have attracted many others, who's actions, will and influence, have had - and will continue to have - an effect on my own circumstance as well.

Is it any wonder a 45 yr old, hopelessly trapped in the circumstance and fate of this business might find himself addicted to this forum?

I honestly thought I was just passing through... a few years ago... blink.gif

Now... (after a few hits of appletons on my brand of Friday night!) ...consider yourselves fortunate that I don't get into what it was that attracted me in the first place. biggrin.gif [that should be that green guy with all the teeth!]

[have I ignored rule number 1 again?.... ok... falling to rule number 2.. tough~! cool.gif ]

Guest nrtflyer

Hi Mitch,

At least you seem to have figured out how this new fangled thing works. Must be your mech talents. The rest of us are still floundering.

Cheers,

Ah, it ain't so hard to handle... I just noticed I've managed to shake that "Newbie" designator rolleyes.gif ... must be 30 posts is the threshold for that... It's these rainy days when I'm off.... cool.gif

Guest mmcrae

Rain in Ontario huh.gif Snow here.... however we still have a hockey team to cheer on (1st time in 15years though) so I guess I can live with the snow. (short duration). Malcolm

I stopped caring about hockey back in the 70's cool.gif

..but just the same, Go Flames! rolleyes.gif

T'ain't rainin' now, it's a beautiful day... so as soon as this second cup of coffee is done, I've got no business bein' here!

Cheers Malcolm... enjoy the snow! biggrin.gif

Mitch

Hey Mitch, seeing as how we're off the Aviation theme, how's the diesel Suburban running? What kind of mileage are you seeing with the drive to work on the highway? Have you done anything different in your driving habits to improve your mileage? tongue.gif

Cheers!

how's the diesel Suburban running? What kind of mileage are you seeing with the drive to work on the highway? Have you done anything different in your driving habits to improve your mileage? tongue.gif

She's doin' mighty fine! wub.gif I haven't worked out the mileage yet, but the last two fill-ups were: 900 km for $90, and 775km for $70... I can live with that... I love the range (probably good for 1000km on a tank)

...And yessir, I have indeed adjusted my driving... 100kph on the large 100kph highways, and 90 kph on the smaller 80kph highways... I'd stick to 80 on them, but I'd be gettin' huge lines of traffic behind me all the time then. sleep.gif

It's nice to sit back and relax with some music on the CD (never had one in a car before) and let everyone pass... including cops. Nobody else travels at 100!

Cheers,

Mitch

Guest mmcrae

Mitch: you are def. getting on...... Watch out for the desire to have a reclining rocker creep up on you laugh.gif

Never mind Malcolm... that rocker sits beside me waitin' for the hair to go all white... cool.gif

Mean time... my wife is now driving my little sports car and although I haven't give in to the urge since I got this new Sub yet, every once in a while I still find myself itchin' to take her for a run... blink.gif There's nothing quite like the feeling... sad.gif

Guest Ray Darr

... fill-ups....for $90....

...And yessir, I have indeed adjusted my driving... 100kph on the large 100kph highways...

I filled up (with 400 or so km's on this tank) for the equivalent of $12 yesterday (after the hugely successful Canadian BBQ Get-Together over here in the Sandbox - YUM!). cool.gif ....and then promptly passed a cop (who was traveling at the unheard-of snail-paced speed of just 120 kph)...he never blinked as I accelerated past him. blink.gif

SOME things here are palatable.

Cheers!!

biggrin.gif

R.D.

P.S. Disble these damn smiley thingies before someone gets hurt or something!!!

Archived