Fleet renewal

wrench

can be 84 with 36 inch pitch business interior...very comfortable... also in high density Y class can configure to 106 .77M cruise, 950 cu ft cargo capacity and aprox. 100,000 MTOW. with that config 1400 nautical mile range.. Hey, who knows. Like I said...we'll see. All I know is if they go with more CRJ's they better hire more mechanics

Guest Mike Sowsun

I don't think JAZZ will be getting any 76-110 seat aircraft.

But even if they did, there is still a problem because both the Boeing 717 and A318

have a maximum seating capacity well over 110 seats.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/717/717technical.html (B717 max 117 seats)

http://www.hawaiianair.com/about/services/b717.asp (B717 max 123 seats)

http://www.airbus.com/product/a318_cabin_layouts.asp (A318 max 117 seats)

"all aircraft with a maximum certified seating capacity between 76 and 110 seats"

This wording is part of the new 6 year ACPA contract. It has to do with the pay

scales negotiated for the 76-110 seat aircraft.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that any aircraft with a

maximum certified seating capacity over 110 seats is not up for negotiation

and must be flown by ACPA pilots.

Mike Sowsun

Guest dwb yyc

Would the scope still be in effect if JAZZ was sold? Rumors on another site from what seems to be a FA who's father is with ACPA, (he had seen it on the family computer) that JAZZ has been sold. Could it be the same young lad that let it out of the bag before and posted on another site in May.

Guest Kilo Mike

Hello again dwb.

Scope applies to flying AC code. You fly AC mainline pax..you deal with the codeshare scope provisions. Now hypothetically, if the new independant Jazz developed it's own infrastructure, marketing, ticketing etc to generate it's own passengers.... I'd guess then Bob's your uncle. Just recommend looking at what's happening at NWA's regional partner..or i guess ex partner would be more correct. Not a pretty picture. The phrase "be carefull what you wish for.." comes to mind.

Respectfully

KM

Guest Kilo Mike

HPT....

I wouldn't really hold Swiss air / Cross air as an example of what Jazz can accomplish being that it is going through receivership right now... Also wondering what that has to do with dwb's question regarding scope?

Having an awesome weekend HPT. Thanx for asking (y) ;). Hugs and kiss's to you and your inflatable ACPA punching doll :) .

KM

don't think JAZZ will be getting any 76-110 seat aircraft.

But even if they did, there is still a problem because both the Boeing 717 and A318

have a maximum seating capacity well over 110 seats.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/717/717technical.html (B717 max 117 seats)

I read 106 pax in a typical configuration. Didn't see the 117. But who really cares?

I hope the airline continues and I hope we all have jobs.

Here's hoping!

Cheers

ABC

be careful what you wish for...

Hi KM,

I just hope we all have jobs. I used to say "jobs we can be proud of."

IMHO your opinion about being a partner ... ahhh, it's not worth it.

Best wishes to you and your family. I will work hard to provide for mine. Perhaps we can work together to make AC a profitable operation.

The current commercial agreement between AC and Jazz stipulates that as long as the flying carries an AC flight number scope would apply. I know that many at Jazz feel that it shouldn't but there is a scope clause from Jazz to the Tier 3 flying even though there is no direct ownership involved.

Many times we see the Jazz employees on here wanting to go off on their own and they seem to think that they will be fine. Could happen but I doubt it. The AC code is the lifeline to QK. If they wanted to go out and become an independant operator do you really think that AC is going to just turn over the routes that you currently fly for them. Doubtful.

We are all in this big mess together and, god willing, we will emerge from CCAA together. If we focussed our energies on combatting the competition instead of each other we would be much better off.

Air canada as just re-activated the dc-9 licences for the AMEs in yul.Maybe it is possible we would be getting 717.But who knows....

Lupin

AME yul

Lupin

When I left YUL there was a deal in the works for some of the Mojave DC9s, the reactivation of the licences may be just to do C checks on these aircraft.

Brett

Guest Gino Under

Just a comment from afar....

Scope clauses are the next industry Dinosaur which many haven't seemed to figure out yet.

Fighting over this 'scope' nonsense is simply a waste of time and good money. It only serves to frustrate and to turn one group against another. :(

In the present reality, YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO. That means, aircraft will be placed where the economics dictate and 'contract' or no contract, all bets are off.

Can't you see and figure out what's happening in the States???

...Scope clauses!!! Bah! Humbug!!

Archived