to Murray

Guest V1

and I quote you Murray, you said to Airbus....

"There is no point ignoring my attitude. My attitude is the product of a generally uncooperative, unappreciative and above all mainly uninformed clientele.

We don't compare ourselves to ORD, specifically because of the runway layout. Many of the configurations used at ORD (e.g. land 04R, 09R, depart 32L/intersection take-off,32R.)do not have intersecting runways. There are few combinations at YYZ where intersecting runways are avoided."

HUH?...then you go on to explain to me that....

"For those of you who currently reside below 'single celled organism' on the evolutionary totem pole, I meant when you factored in the possibility of adding one or both of the 33's to the mix. I think everyone else understands that the three east/west runways are parallel and do not intersect."

and you think your attitude helps?

I love the part where you talk about factoring in a 33 into the "MIX" that is freaking hilarious..

Once again, V1, I apologize.

Firstly, my intention was to highlight the point that there are no runway configurations at YYZ offering more than three runways where some runways do not intersect. I assumed that the reference to a specific ORD configuration would make that clear.

Secondly, I think most people (and most single celled organisms, for that matter) who read this forum regularly understand where my 'totem pole' comment was directed.

Thirdly, 33R was included in the mix at one point, but it appears your selective memory has kicked in.

Finally, I think my attitude helps with certain types. Not all types, just special cases.

By the way: I made the comment to 'buskipper', not 'Airbus'. Good effort at literary forensics, though.

Guest MikePapaKIlo

Years ago I was fortunate to share an aircraft with an air traffic controller who held an ATPL. It was back in the days when you all had more than one day off. Fine pilot and a fine controller. He ultimately left ATC to fly a Gulfstream, then a Hawker and some other nice corporate machines.

One can detect that there seems to be several big-jet pilots on this forum who (somewhat obviously) also hold ATC licences. ;-) Most seem to be endorsed for ATL, ORD, and LHR.

Seriously tho' I'm wondering how many atc's, if any, currently in the system hold ATPL's ? And if they do are they putting them to use ?

MPK

Archived