My wee rant

Kip Powick

(((rant commences)))

There is a couple of things I hate in life……standing in a long line, and being put on “hold” for an inordinate length of time…

So we want to go South to dive for a few weeks. I called numerous Travel agencies, checked the Net and did a days worth of snooping to see where I could get the best deal. Last night I forgot that I had not tried AC Vacations so thought I would try them this morning….they open at 9:00am. They have info on the NET but …hey…as an ex-employee…who knows what I could get and after all there is still a slight feeling of allegiance to the company that signs my cheques. :)

I called at 9:05am, was put on hold and endured the verbal diarrhea that is so prevalent with companies that put you on hold, all the advertisements, and how much they “care” that you are holding etc. I hung up (thank goodness for speaker phones), after 57 minutes.

I ripped around the NET for another hour and went back to AC Vacations….. after being on hold for 46 minutes I hung up. I went elsewhere and got a package I thought was fair and we are flying in the comfort of SkyService once again.

My point???? Travel agencies are always busy but I have yet to endure more than, perhaps, 10 minutes on hold. The time on hold when calling AC Vacations was unbelievable. Now either they have a lot of clients or they are understaffed, hopefully the former, but as far as I am concerned their telephone service in this department really sucks.

Strong letter sent.(((rant over)))

Kipper...

I have come to the same conclusion after 30+ years with AC.....Since the day I started it is a problem the company has been unable to deal with or fix....I am expecting it to continue forever.........sigggghhhhh.....

JR

Kipper...

I have come to the same conclusion after 30+ years with AC.....Since the day I started it is a problem the company has been unable to deal with or fix....I am expecting it to continue forever.........sighhhhh....

JR

Archived