Virus?

Guest GDR

I just got an e-mail about a jdbg.exe virus. There are instructions how to get it out of my computer if I have it and apparently it was sent to me as it gets sent to everyone on someone's e-mail address book and has now gone automatically to everyone in mine.

Anyone know anything about this? Thanks

Its a hoax, check out Norton at the link below. It wants you to delete a windows file. Once at the site search under "J" for the appropriate page.

Guest Wetcoaster

I found a suggestion from Telus was great. In Outlook Express go to tools - options - security and check the box which doesn't allow potentially dangerous viruses to be opened. Click apply and OK and exit Outlook and re-start Outlook. If you recieve a file that you know to be OK you can go quickly back and un-check the box - apply - and simialarly - exit and restart outlook. The file will then be clickable. I havn't accidentally downloaded/opened/inadvertenly opened - a single virus in months since using this method. Also, just as there are windows updates (security patches) - so too are there Outlook updates. Here's the site:

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=80&qu=Outlook+Express+Update&View=en-us

Archived