YVR-YXY SERVICE

Guest M. McRae

Guest M. McRae

The AC web site under schedules is showing as of Nov 03 that the BA146 is being replaced by 737's. Is this valid and if so I wonder where the 146's are being moved to?

Guest M. McRae

Thanks, I was just curious as I sometimes visit folks in YXY and am glad to see the 737's back. Of course this forum has seen rumours re the demise of both aircraft and it is sometimes hard to sort out the "fact" vs the "fiction".

Guest King or Queen

I heard the aircraft was going back to do 1 flight a day to Terrace.At least we can carry a good load of frieght.The Dash should not be doing this route as sometimes you are tight on fuel and alternates are limited.

Enjoy!

Guest PortTack

Yikes,

HawkAir might not be happy with that one! At least before we competed our crappy service against their good service, Dash vs Dash.

The TonkaJet may sway some business back.

Guest LOCBCVORDME1rwy33

The LiL BowWow express has also made more then normal runs to LW and KA lately... I guess they are trying to get the CMA pax back also.

Guest leftbase

I always thought that both the 146 and F28 (back in the day) weren't particularly suited to Smithers due to runway length. No reversers for the winter, sometimes weight-limited in the summer...maybe this was just the F28?

(Yes, yes I know, TR's not included in landing calcs, but I tell ya, there was a few times landing in the winter in the beautiful Bulkley valley in a non TR-equipped Lear had my hand inching towards the drag chute...)

My point in all that, maybe some of these places better served by the "lowly" Dash and 1900...?

Any ex-AIrBC/CRA comments welcome!

Guest PortTack

Perhaps a bad choice of words by me; I've flown on both and our service is weak when compared to Hawk Air. However, I'm sure running the 146 would turn the tables by giving more speed and comfort.

Archived