brett

wrench

What do you mean your resignation wasn't accepted? I know some of the contract concessions are a little hard to swallow, but I doubt even the IAM would give away your right to resign.

Maybe they want to sweettalk you a little more. :)

My original request for a leave was turned down, so I was forced to resign, once they discovered I was serious, they approved a leave :)

I guess they figured out how much money they have invested in my training, and didn't want to lose it.

Brett

ps: better deals are to be had, if one circumvents the union and negotiates for themselves :D

Any expatriate who has had a guttering votive candle burning in the hope that Canada might offer a reason to return should savour that last sentence.

Might there be hope yet?

I'm curious... how does an employer refuse to let you resign? I always thought that no employer could force you to stay on the job if you'd rather quit.

Naturally, you would be required to honor any terms of employment that you were committed to, but you would know those before you submitted your resignation. Mind you, I've occasionally heard of individuals who attempted to dictate the terms of their resignation, and subsequently discovered that they weren't in the driver's seat quite the way they thought.

Or is this a case of 'resigner's remorse'? Inquiring minds want to know.

neo

I was turned down for a LOA, so I had to resign, once they found out that I was serious they approved and backdated my LOA.

It had nothing to do dictating terms, or remorse, I have some personal family obligations to attend to, and they come first.

Brett

Archived