Flyers Club -YQX

Guest MikePapaKilo

Guest MikePapaKilo

Before old stories get too far buried down below:

In Response To: Re: too funny (flyersclub)

Oh no !!! The dreams, the bad dreams !! They're b-a-a-a-a-c-c-ck !!

I would bet a bucket of beer that it was the Flyers Club that invented lap dancing. About the only place that I ever saw more "creative modern dance" was in Thule ! But the Flyer's club was a true den of iniquity. Not a place for the faint of heart ! And world renowned. Some guys were known to declare the airplane U/S just to spend the evening to see if all the stories of crazed debauchery were true. They were.

One very notable Newfoundland politician spent an evening there, and later that night, when the venerable Hotel gander caught fire, he was seen wrapped in a blanket standing alonside the strippeur du nuit, who appeared to be wearing the matching sheet.

Many a young RAF C-130 crewman suffered / enjoyed some form of fleshy initiation at the Flyer's Club. Sometimes thru the most novel use of duct tape, whipped cream, and .....

Dang !! Can't remember the name of the dancer that travelled with a goose !

Haven't been back there for ages. Older and wiser, I suppose.........

MPK

The "Flyers Club" my son, great memories.

May or June of 1986 was my first visit. Air

Atlantic was pretty well based out of Gander the first years of its operation.

Is the "Club" still around?? Will have to mount an expedition the next time in Gander.

To all who have not spent time in Newfoundland, it IS "God's" country.

The countryside and people are fabulous.

JH

Guest flyersclub

yea ... you liked my stories and guess what ... there are more but maybe too risque for this forum!! i must ask an old yqx friend online if the club still exists, and will report back to you all!

Guest flyersclub

just remembered a particularly amusing night in yyt, at hotel nfld when the fire alarm went off ... hmmm ... and the p.m. at the time was seen exiting his room with interesting company ... and speaking of the hotel nfld. they built the new one before they demolished the old one and almost blew up the new one when they did demolish the old one ... true newfy story. some of the best years of my life were spent on the island and i need a visit again soon. if you can't have an all niter of fun in yyt ... there's no hope for ya bye!

Guest sleveen

The club is still there, unfortunatly the days of the past are gone, the club is only open certain days off the week, and has pretty much turned into a kiddy bar, not the place real men like to hang out. ha ha. With the RAF, EPA, and a dramatic drop in business at the airport, things just arent the same in YQX. cheers

Guest dpinsent

She's still there, but not the circa 1988 model you remember. Those were the good old days. My first introduction to "Folk" dancing!

Dan

Archived