Where Did It Go?

As I described above, Outlook Express has under Tools, MESSAGE RULES which can be loaded with some of the keywords and phrases contained in this (or other) virus.

When I go to my inbox now, it says that I have X number of unread messages, however they are in the deleted folder, and all that's required is to "Empty Deleted Folder". At least it's an improvement.

TIP: Enter all key phrases exactly as they appear in the message body ie. 'Please open attachment for details', and other variations.

Pierre

Like he said I think it is all PortTacks fault, :)

It seems that this virus is very prevalent in our aviation community. A few friends outside of aviation are getting few or none.

I have also received a few returned emails to addresses that are not in my address book, and I am sure I don't know them, also a couple of messages from administrators saying I had sent infected emails to addresses in their system. I have taken all of the steps mentioned above to ensure my system is not infected, and I am confident that I am not.

From what I have read the virus spreads itself from an infected computer using addresses in the infected computers address book as being the return address.

Hopefully it all ends soon, I say while I just received 2 more infected emails as I was typing this reply!!

Archived