AC

Guest long gone

Guest long gone

Just flew AC YVR to LHR...because of the mess created from the power outages, etc I had to buy a full fare ticket.

At checkin in YVR, 3.5 hours before departure there were 2 agents for economy and 1 agent for business while the line already had built up ridiculously.

After TO, the in charge 'PA 'advised us that due to crew shortages they would attempt to do their best at the service but asked everybody for patience; naturally that is reasonable but when it took the crew 2 hours to take the meal tray away from us I realized this is probably more than a crew 'shortage'. By the way, the bar service was skipped and the crew elected to go right into dinner service because we left YVR over an hour late to boot....the crew didn't want us to go hungry.

In all honesty, AC is a joke..it's time that company acquires new management who have some sort of vision..

Good luck

Guest bigbigbus

travelled 3 times AC yvr/lhr/yvr this summer, service was the worst I have ever had( you don't want the details), the plane was flying for 3 weeks with no inflight entertainment, food was bad. Check in staff in LHR were rude,in YVR were very nice and helpful. Used Jazz 3 times on Zed fares and the check in staff in YLW and YVR were outstanding. I think the Fa's( AC ) better improve the product and do it fast or else. Talked to an agent in FRA and she was very helpful.All in all bad experience on AC longhaul, forced to use AC by our company and hoping that will change soon

Guest Sanders

Interesting to note that they said the cabin crew was short staffed......Each A/C requires a specific number of F/A's to cover the load as per the CARS. Sounds like a load of crap to me!!

On another note, my folks flew Jetsgo to Cancun and had one water served to them for the entire flight to YYZ. Talk about crap service..........

Maybe the FA's should pay for training too!!!

Might get better service...who knows!

Guest JakeYYZ

It does sound like a load of cr*p, but…. it’s TRUE!

CARS or not. Spoke with an FA yesterday, who

told me she was drafted to work YVRLHR on the 330

and THEY WERE 2 short.

Spoke with an FA yesterday, who told me she was drafted to work YVRLHR on the 330

and THEY WERE 2 short.

This "shortage" has nothing to do with the regulatory requirement to maintain minimum crew for safety:

CAR 705.104 - Flight Attendant Requirements

http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/regserv/carac/CARS/cars/705e.htm#705_104

Rather, they will be referring to the traditional staffing levels that permitted the cabin crew to be able to perform all of the various service levels that the company requires.

Guest JakeYYZ

Absolutely. Never for a moment thought we would

‘short crew’ a flight. Thanks for the link.

Sanders was invoking the CARS requirements to quash

the post by “long gone”, and he’s just plain mistaken. I’m

told the I/C had full compliment in J and shorted Y.

It was the 19th….may not even be the flight.

Over the last couple of months, I made numerous trips to LAX, via YYZ,YYC and YVR as well as direct from YUL, and I have to say that even though I'm an employee, the service was by far the best I've ever seen from AC.

So while your experience may not have been stellar I think that's becoming more the exception rather that the rule :)

Brett

Archived