Darwin Award

deicer

Guest rance

"I do not think there are very many people who enjoy the so called "break"."

ya right.The ramp guys move the fastest when its break time.

Haven't we beat this issue to death? Let it go.

Guest Labtec

Talk about a thread about nothing. The red alerts in YYZ, like the airport itself, are a joke. Head to STL or any other midwest station and you'll find they don't shut it down until they see a funnel cloud and even then a few rampies have to be sucked up to OZ before they close down the airport. :-) De-icer, you have created a tempest in a tea pot.

As to the litigious thing. If you are injured at work you are unable to sue your employer in Canada. We have a legislated no-fault workers compensation system that guarantees a payout based on the nature and type of injury. YOU CANNOT SUE YOUR EMPLOYER FOR WORK RELATED INJURIES.

The vest thing for pilots is a silly over reaction to an incident where a pilot was backed over by a Cara truck. (He survived, he is also junior to me so I was pulling for him)The thing was the guy could have been lit up with neon in a bright orange clown suit and in the particular circumstances, he would have been struck anyway. The powers that be then suggested we need to wear a vest to do a walk around. I think we should wear the vest all the time. I see CL65 guys walking to their airplane across the tarmac and then standing around while the passengers, also on the tarmac without vests, wait for their skycheck. Then the keen RJ guy goes into the cockpit, once he's been on the ramp for 10 minutes without a vest, and puts one on to walk around the plane for 45 seconds. Who thought this one up?

The red alerts are much the same. You ramp folks in YYZ see one operation. Pilots see hundreds. YYZ is a bloody wreck.

Guest 23APF

..in the UK it`s the LAW to wear high visibility vests when airside on the ramp. I personally think it`s a great idea.

Guest Labtec

The British also drive on the wrong side of the road, can't cook a decent meal to save a life, and generally pay little heed to the merits of good dental hygene. I wouldn't be modelling myself after those folks. The colonials did the right thing back in Boston.

Guest 23APF

Labtec ,

I guess it all depends from where you sit doesn`t it ? Or could it be that you afraid of right hand drive cars ? Ever try it ?

British cuisine is great , so obviously you know very little of the subject... hardly suprising. In fact , compared to what ? Bland Canadian food isn`t world famous either , `cept for maybe Ches` fish and chips in St. John`s..

As far as dental hygene , well I`ll give you that one mate. ` But as an aside the chicks here really do put out , in fact all you have to do is rub `em on the head and their pants fall off ! ha ha ha Loosen up would ya ??

...Off to Heathrow..

Archived