Grooming in YXU part 2

Guest Dash Eight

Guest Dash Eight

Longtimer and Below the Line Is just goes to show how little you know obviously you guys must only fly on brand new airplanes. A quick squirt of air freshener is not going to do it just ask the ramp guys and F/A's the lavs have to be washed down and the floor and walls as well. trying to mask the smell with air freshner will only make things worse!

Some of the rampies Ive talked to said that they will not do any grooming on the aircraft as the company has groomers on the payroll and it is job security for the groomers to come over and clean the turnarounds. If anyone other than groomers clean the aircraft then it is against the wording in contracts and all sorts of S$#% hits the fan.

Guest V1V2Vgo

I am guessing that at least your foul smelling air is cool. In the west, an air conditioning unit is rare, last I was in YYZ, each and every a/c had a unit hooked up, the way it could and should be. Last summer in YYC, right around stampede time, the only operational Air unit was hooked up to the AC Rampie crew room!!!!! Better yet, the pax were forced to board under the air output hose, routed over the gate door to reach the crewroom. Just a few more steps past the noise and exhaust of the unit, and, voila, they were onboard the non APU Dash. This was remedied quickly, and hopefully this sort of skewed priority is a thing of the past.

Guest Peanuts

I am out West as well and I know what you mean.

Had one of those lovely rank planes yesterday am. God, it smelled like something had died in there. But the airplane WAS groomed ! No idea what the foul odor was. We investigated and funny enough it was coming from the cockpit. Once we got going and the air got circulated abit, the smell lessened. (Thankfully)

Never did find out what it was. Perhaps a skunk got in to plane overnight :)

APU on Dashes is a sweet thing !

Guest in_the_sky

LongTimer V

Maybe that's the problem with alot of what has happened in the last couple of years. Management has not been doing a very good job of things.

IMHO

Ok boys and girls..there is no such thing as a groomong delay..

Bull...t !!!

Where'd did you learn that piece of crap? The delay code in ops is ACG and I've seen it more than a few times. I've been on the wrong end of a few as well in a past life.

Archived