737's Parked

Guest Qtip

Guest Flameout

The plan (at present) calls for the 747's to be parked by the end of 2003 and the 737's to be parked by the end of 2005.

Tail # 560 was lease returned, KFC is doing some work to it, and rumour has it that it will soon be in WJ colours. ( I don't envy them as it's the most odd-ball 37-200 in the world :S )

Guest Qtip

Thanks for the info but just a question for you. On the YVR-YYC, YVR-YEG routes the load factors are on average 40% on the 737. Wouldn't it make more sense to put the BAE 146 on these routes and get more yeild out of them ASAP and put the 737 on routes that require more capacity?

Just wondering when we are going to stop the bleeding...

Guest Flameout

I have no idea as to the marketing aspects or specific route plans over the next year and a half for the 737 - sorry. It's entirely possible that the plan may change as well. Creditors may wish to see a more accelerated retirement of the 737. But my spider senses are telling me that the 37 will be retired when a replacement aircraft type shows up on-line.

Guest Qtip

My spider senses are telling me that the 146 will be the replacement aircraft for the 737 on these routes and shortly at that. Not trying to stur the pot but it just makes financial sense at this point in time. When the new plan comes out in a couple of weeks we'll see what is being replaced on what routes and that will tell just how serious the corp is about getting the max yeild out of every sector. Lets face it, if we don't get the right size aircraft on every route we're just waisting money and we don't have any left so lets hope they do the right thing this time and all of us will have jobs for atleast another year or two.

Archived