JAZZ thing

Guest q650

Nothing could be further from the truth. The layoffs are starting today. Where do you get these rumours?

Guest Qtip

My guess is that there will be a transfer of flying and Jazz will move some of the Bae146's from the east to the west to cover the 737 routes out of YVR to YYC and YEG when they park the 737. These sectors have had an average load factor of about 40% over the past couple of months and looking ahead it doesn't get much better. The yeild will be better with Jazz's 146's on these routes and that's what it's all about right now isn't it? So my guess is that there will be a bid out within the next couple of months.

Guest CJRT

It's not so mucha rumour as a bit of truth that may or may not happen. The contract calls for a bid to occur I believe every six months. One is due. Whether it shows as a neutral bid or not remains to be seen.

Guest Qtip

With that understanding of the contract then there should be a bid out in Aug then which is in my 2 month guess window.

Guest PortTack

The Bid is a company choice. Jazz decided on the first bid there would be two bids per year, whether it be an up bid, down or neutral. They never wrote it in to the contract or LOU, so it's up to them if they want to post one or not.

As for my guess, I have heard rummors of a bid too, but only rumors.

Read the restructering bulletins on the aeronet.

737s and 47s will be parked/lease returned along with a couple of 67s and even a 340

Archived