Auto racing

Oh darn, the Candain grand Prix isn't over and the Nascar boys are just set to start.... What to do, what to do?....

[chuckle, snort, snicker] ;)

No contest! NASCAR at Michigan, a 2 mile track sure to deliver TONS of excitement, vs. a parade of cars so automated my daughter could do well in them.

Y'all lemme know who heads up that parade at the end will ya? :D

Guest M. McRae

Hmmm.

It was the 68th win of Schumacher's career, fourth of the season and took his career points tally to 999 as he heads for his home grand prix at the Nuerburgring in two weeks' time.

But it was no runaway victory with the first four cars separated by a mere 4.481 seconds at the finish.

"It was a very tricky and tight race," said Schumacher, who ran behind the Williams of younger brother Ralf from the second lap until the initial pitstops and then had him in his mirrors for the rest of the afternoon.

...and each of them only raced the track for the entire race, not each other. Boring. The only exciting racing I've seen today was when Michael left the pits to come out ahead of his brother, (after all, that's the only place in F1 that passing can be done without a blue flag, isn't it?) and almost all of the NASCAR race in Michigan.

Mind you, I recognize my opinion is not shared by all.... Those who don't agree are just wrong. :D:P

Guest M. McRae

Of course, we all know that Nascar = Crashcar and thus the reason fans are drawn back ...again and again....

Both types of racing have their points but for me.... give me a European road rally anytime. A true sport that allows the fans to be caught up in the action (esp. when they stand on the wrong side of a turn) :)

"esp. when they stand on the wrong side of a turn"

For the life of me, I can not figure out what it is that posesses anyone to do that!? Yet they do...

I get a charge out of watching those rally's too. My car hates me for it, but I often find myself on gravel roads pushing to the edge of control to test my skills.... It's very demanding driving!

Guest CleardecksforACTION!

I thought the same thing as I pondered what to watch, but then I thought ...Oh yeah, one only has to watch super-speedway restrictor-plate racing for the last 20 min. to catch the last re-start/sprint to the finish. All of the rest is meaningless lead swapping (can hardly call it passing) interspersed with pile-ups ;)

Cheerio!

CDFA

Talladega and Daytona are the only tracks where they use the restrictor plates. Drafting at Michigan is important, but with all 750 horses working, nowhere near as big a deal as with the plates.

Archived