How about everyone take a breath

Guest George

Guest George

Certain people have made recent postings that have gotten everyone riled up. Based on no facts, just rumor.

Well, how about everyone slow down, take 10 deep breaths and wait for some facts to base their opinion on.

No one knows what the ACPA TA language looks like, no knows what the Keller Award will be.

So, relax for a couple for minutes. Yes they could both be bad news, or maybe just a little less than bad news.

I think its about time some of the ACPA leadership stood up and made some leadership decisions. Like, tell the people to calm down, to relax etc. Will it happen? I doubt it, but we can dream can't we?

Lets face some cold hard reality. A vote for No on the TA has a high probability of

1) liquidating Air Canada

2) unempoying 35,000 AC people

3) unemploying 3500 AC pilots

4) making the Keller award redundant

5) making the ACPA seniority list redundant

As a friend of mine reminded me a few weeks ago, the C3, Royal, and Canjet seniority arbitration was handed down 3, yes 3, days prior to the company shutting down. Do you think any of those guys care about their C3 number now?

As I said a few weeks ago, if all of this process is so distasteful to you as an individual, then quit right now. Let the people who want to get on with their lives do so...I don't expect to see anyone of the NO voters to have the testicles to quit though, that would mean practicing what you preach.

Hi George,

It is not possible to stop and take a breath when so much of one's future is so uncertain.

That being said, I will admit that I have a weird feeling of calm right now. But that is probably because as a Jazz pilot I know that my union is doing the very best it can for me under the present circumstances. Plus another factor that makes it somewhat easy for me to sit and watch this high stakes event is that I'm not in control, nor is my union in control.

There is one item missing on your posting about "probabilities" should any union vote "NO" to their TA.

Perhaps it would be possible to allow one of the three CCAA filings to go into liquidation but keep the other two going as a new COST EFFECTIVE NATIONAL AIRLINE.

If I were a creditor I think it would be better to have a new COST EFFECTIVE NATIONAL AIRLINE operating profitably rather than trying to get something out of the ashes of a complete liquidation.

Some compare this whole event to a big poker game with the judge dealing and the various unions and managements playing for the pot. I see it differently - in my imagination I see the creditors as the dealers, and the cards? Bought by the creditors.

Right now ACPA is still the most experienced and powerful player at the poker table. And they have had a pretty darn good run with by far the biggest pile of chips in front of them.

But I'm looking over the shoulder of my union and see that the cards being dealt are more and more interesting every round.

CAW is working on a full house, IAM a flush. Teamsters have a smile, but are not saying much and the dispatchers are in conference - hey guys four sevens IS a good hand! ALPA can use one of two cards to make a great or very great hand. And what about ACPA? They want a new deck of cards.

Guest wrenchpro

You're right! ACPA does have a big pile of chips in front of them and they have done very well for themselves over the last decade or so. Now comes the ultimate bet...will they keep most of their chips...or...lose them ALL.

Those guys need to remember just how well they have done for themselves in the past and realize that maybe they have come up too flush! Reality may be about to teach them a hard lesson.

Archived