DOH Merger - outside the box.

Slim

OK guys I'll join the online merger talks... outside the box it is.

Some things old... some things new.

1) Regional & Mainline pilots merged with DOH from when Air Canada became majority shareholder in their respective companies....

2) Respective Regional pilots whom left to go to mainline would also be credited for regional time served....

3) All oustanding legal action halted...

4) Appropriate fences in place to ensure an orderly transition blah.. blah.. (insert legal ease here)

5) One bargaining unit representing all pilots in "Air Canada" with perhaps a status type pay system...

6) Legal means ( Federal Laws) that would not allow any airline company to own or have interest whatsoever in any "other" airline.... (I believe this is a provincial statute in force as I type... not 100% sure though)

These are just some ideas to get the ball rolling so flame away if you want but heck, one engine is already on fire on this mega carrier so more "heat" in not required.

Also I see this all the time RE: DOH Merger... it's a non starter... can't happen... crazy... unthinkable... not fair... dreaming etc. Someone please tell me in clear language why a DOH merger as mentioned above can't happen?

If we can make the majority of pilots in all groups happy (a relative term these days!) then it could happen. People just have to make it so.

Seat Belt Sign.... ON

Respectfully,

Slim

Guest ywg396

Sure,

First we need a certification vote, normally this could occur when the contact is open or a merger is declared.

ACPA or ALPA, hmmm...

Give the cdn boyz DOH

Give the ex connector guys their connector DOH

Any bets on the outcome?

Guest Hawkeye

Don,

I like your proposal, BTOL or DOH will not work. But you concept is the most fair for both sides that I have seen so far, and kept very simple.

"6) Legal means ( Federal Laws) that would not allow any airline company to own or have interest whatsoever in any "other" airline.... (I believe this is a provincial statute in force as I type... not 100% sure though)"

That makes sense-change the laws so that pilots don't have seniority merger

Sorry.... in my haste I worded this incorrectly... call it Ammendment 01-03!

6) Legal means ( Federal Laws) that would not allow any airline company to own or have interest whatsoever in any "other" airline "and operate it seperately".

That's a little more in line with my thoughts.

Seat Belt Sign... ON

Slim

Archived