Opinion - from out here

Just my opinion, and I know nothing will change but…………………

I find it rather unsettling to read postings from some of the so called professionals in this industry. It is hard to rationalize why anyone would post such transparent derogatory sentiment, in the form of intelligent conversation, and what is really disheartening is that a few of the authors have made no bones about the fact that they hope that AC goes over the edge. What is even more disturbing is that many of these posters are “newbies” to AEF and are apparently only here to relish the fact that AC has big problems. Many came onboard/ became extremely “vocal”, just after AC went into CCAA. I would hope that these posters are still in their early years with this industry and will, perhaps, mature with the passage of time. I also wonder if they would be here if the airline industry in Canada was stable and there was no one to harangue ???.

Naturally there has been rivalry between WJ and AC, from the onset, and I believe that is healthy for all concerned and it is encouraging to see that the vast majority of the WJ pilots have refrained from throwing rocks and wishing ill will upon those that are standing on the precipice. As well, it must be a tad embarrassing for the majority of WJ and AC employees to see some of the comments that are posted from within their own ranks. I don’t know if those that are wishing doom for their peers are to be pitied or despised…so sad…. because as I have said, I have always thought that the vast majority of individuals in the industry were professionals, as well as ladies and gentlemen. Color me gullible.

Food for thought for some of AEFs more acrimonious authors.

“It is well to remember that the entire workforce of the aviation industry in Canada, with one trifling exception, is composed of others.”

I appreciate the perspective you've brought to the forum, R/D, and I believe many others do too. Thanks for deciding to be a contributer.

Best wishes,

neo

Archived