For Mitch

Mitch

Things aren't going well in this industry so tonight Scuba 02 hosted a dinner party for a friend and his family who are moving to a downsized house. It was a great evening, fond memories of days gone by and an over abundance of good wine and the clincher was copious amounts of xtabentun.

I dug out the article on Larry and re read it. Yeh, I'm still a wee bit blitzed but a tear trickled down my face as I read what I had written. He was so young, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, everything we all fear..... happened to him, he never had what we had, it all vanished in a heartbeat...what the hell happened ??? How does God work???

I am a virtual well of emotions but the predominate feeling is one of sadness, sadness that the young kids of today have no idea what they have...and true...they may loose some of it as the industry tumbles in turmoil but they will NEVER, and I pray, NEVER, have to endure what Larry had to go through.

Very sad out tonight. I hope the youngsters cherish each day they see the sun rise.. I know I do and, Larry, bless his soul, showed me in that brief encounter just how silly some of the things we worry about are.

Too bad not everyone met a Freddy and Larry just so they could see the "other" side of the coin. Gotta go..not sure where, but gotta go. RIP, Larry and Freddy.

Kip

Mitch...I'm really PO'd.... I didn't even go to Larry's funeral, I think that was wrong.

Archived