UPDATE - New bid made for Air Canada credit c

Guest Skirt

All of these bids are contingent on a restructuring agreement being approved and implemented. AC doesn't get the money unless there is a restructuring. So, by definition, these agreements assume a successful restructuring. But if there is none, the bidders don't have to fork over a cent.

You can't assume from this that AC will survive. You can assume that the bidders believe that if AC restructures, it will be a good business opportunity.

That's a big difference.

Guest Airmail

Precisely...all of these proposals/bids assume a successful restructuring which includes haircuts all around -- so any assumption that things are fine is delusional.

Guest BillyBigToe

No one said things were fine. The poster suggested there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. Is it really necessary to rain on our parade at every opportunity?

Guest Skirt

Exactly BBT,

But no worries, I was posting that more for the other AC employees than the rest of the naysayers around here. It's really kinda neat watching time and again how they make themselves look like such absurd idiotic "voices of doom!” without much prodding!

Relax Digger, The sawmill's buzzsaw and whipsaw will be cutting lots of labor lumber starting tommorrow. By the time the mill stops toothpicks'll be fasioned outta 12 foot rounds. Then you'll be a happy guy ;-)

Guest BillyBigToe

It's not because we won't it's because we haven't gotten that far yet. So why don't you back off with negativity. To say “we have nothing, Nada” makes it sound like we are failing in the current process. One day the shoe may be on the other foot Dagger. (I hope not but it may.)

Guest Skirt

Dagger,

Why so negative man? As BBT stated, the real negotiations start today between the company and the Unions. So if things still haven't changed in a month, then fire away. If you still want to continue being bitter than nothing I can do to stop you.

Archived