Bondholders not yet heard from

Guest b52er

Guest George

Except that its one persons opinion and not really based on any facts.

Of course AC is going to restructure. No one would be offering any money if they didn't plan to change the way they do business. So the bond holders are faced with nothing or possibly something...

Which would you chose if it was a business decision?

Guest b52er

And just how do they plan to change the way they do business when the unions are battling with the "No layoff Clause"? Give reduced service, reduced frequency, reduced route structures, all with same # of employees, all receiving the same compensation, all receiving the same benefits? If I were a bondholder, and not just a stockholder, (which I am by the way, stockholder that is), I'b be concerned about converting over to an equity stake in something that is sure to cause me even more grief as the internal battles continue.

This was always how CCAA was going to play out. As I posted some time ago, any certified class of creditors can torpedo a restructuring. Ergo, the leverage is in the hands of the creditors - to the extent they make credible threats - and possibly the judge if he deems one side or the other to be obstreporous and uncooperative. The day AC filed for CCAA I told a friend in AC that the final deal will only be negotiated once liquidation seems to be the most likely outcome. Then and only then will all the parties get serious, perhaps with a push from the judge or even the government.

Guest Retyred

I was rather intrigued to learn that you are still a stockholder.

Since you seem, quite readily, to recognize the 'folly' in the unions concept that the company can go forward successfully with the same number of employees receiving the same wages and benefits ..what long term potential do you see in holding the stock?

The 'battle' is now enjoined, but I'd venture that Dr. CCAA has a large dose of 'reality' that will be coming the unions way, and history generally reveals that, in the reorganization process, the common stock holders such as yourself are often left holding nothing but the 'bag'!

Just seems like a contradiction to me.

Guest b52er

Simple.......the bigger the loss on AC stock, applied against ones gains on WJ.....and.......well, you get the picture.

Guest Retyred

Got the 'picture'!!

You're thinking digital, wide angle, colour..

I'm still Kodak Brownie..black and white!

Cheers.

Guest jimmy

Call me stupid but I'd rather have all my investments making money rather than hoping for a "bigger loos" on something to offset a gain elsewhere.

That's the kind of digital, wide angle, colour, thinking that caused the tech bubble burst.

I guess I'm just old fashioned.

Jimmy

Guest b52er

Well, I agree Jimmy, but the balance comes in the decision of would you rather give more money to the government, who I might add is not deservant of any more, (at least this administration) or just apply it against gains, that's the balancing act.

Cheers

Guest Retyred

So would I jimmy..so would I ( and I'm 'really' old fashioned )!

But I asked and he answered..I respect his right to do as he sees fit.

It's really all about the right to free choice isn't it..and thank goodness it's so..or we'd all be pursuing the same lady!!

Guest Skirt

The unions who are battling with the "no layoff clauses" will hopefully be singing a different song come negatiation time, there simply is no choice IMO! One can only hope that everyone will realize how serious this all is (like ACPA has :) )and find a way to make it work. I've said it before and I'll say it again, only time will tell.

Archived