TELEX Headset Q

dragon

There isn't one in the Toronto area. You have to send it back to the manufacture. (at least for a NC) It will cost about 25-40 dollars. Make sure that they send it by air and not ground. Ground costs you a customs charge. I sent my back 3 times and finally got a new one and a new warranty. They are good to deal with but the shipping and the customs garbage gets a bit weary. Call before you ship and make sure that they understand how you want it shipped back.

Guest smurffjet

The headsets are very simple if you have the time and soldering iron. If it is a speaker that is not working, you can buy a Koss headset at Canadian Tire and as long as the speaker profile from the outside is similiar the actual speaker inside is exactly the same with the same conections. Just use a soldering iron to break the connection and resolder back in. If it is the plug, then it is pretty straight forward and if it is the splitter then use a box cutter type blade and split the case, solder the joint, and glue the case back.
I have done this a couple of times with my own over the last 16 years and it still works fine.

smurffjet

Archived