Something to make you go hmmmmm!

Frosty

Just a thought!!!

How's this for a look at the New AC

Zip grows to become a true low cost domestic carrier.

AC main line emerges from CCAA under the STAR Alliance umbrella but first this scenario needs...AC MTC to be sold off

AC CARGO to be sold off

AC GROUND SERVICES to be sold off and here's the kicker AC PILOT services sold off .

Now before everyone starts with the "it can't happen to us" just considor the thought of what if.

What if AC does sell all its services to a new company what if UNITED sells its services to the same company what if that company already exists under the form of Lufthansa services.

Gerry and the boys are brought in to establish Canadian content(get around foreign ownership)

Suddenly you now have contract services that could be provided by Star North America and Star Europe and Star Asia...

As pilots you could technically get on any Star Acft anywhere and drive to any destination...MTC done by Star AME's anywhere in the world where needed and the same done by Star ground services.

We are already going to paint one acft with the Star banner as the main title and Air Canada as sub title what if all international flying suddenly went under the Star umbrella.

In the post 9/11 environment and the need to think outside the box what do you do but sell off get expenses in line and reformat. Remember Robert has already said the model is broken and we all know that he wants to reinvent it.

Just some Idle thoughts on GOOD FRIDAY.

Cheers

Guest M. McRae

I guess the major stumbling point would be one concerning your statement "As pilots you could technically get on any Star Acft anywhere and drive to any destination...MTC done by Star AME's anywhere in the world where needed and the same done by Star ground services. "

Even when aircraft are common, cockpit layout etc. are not between carriers or has that changed?

Guest ACguy

A few legal issues to consider: Whom is the entitled operator and where does the operational certificate reside? Once you start contracting out work across borders you have some 'splaining to do Lucy..... governmental bodies are very uneasy when they don't know who to tax at at what rate, not to mention issuing certification. This has been considered i am sure.

I can see where that would be a stumbling block, but what if with the move to an airbus fleet who is to say that we are not already ordering our acft with the same cockpit config.

I'm not one of the guys that sits up front so I can't answer about the cockpit, all I can do is ask this ....Was the former CP airbus and boeing fleets cockpit config that much different than AC and if so how did we get around that?

Like I said this is just a speculation with regards to the Globalization of the Airline industry.

Frosty

Again:

Playing Devils advocate here:

What if you register the company as Star North America Star Europe and Star Asia taking into account the taxation you still operate under the former airlines OC. Technically the acft are still registered to those airlines, but now you have your workforce supplied from your regional division of the new Empire.

Frosty

Guest George

Only one little stumbling block in your play there Shakespeare, aircraft have to be registered in a specific country. Pilots need to be licenced in that country to fly that aircraft...so when we become global citizens with bar codes on our foreheads etc, then we'll be able to fly whatever airplane the Star Alliance wants...

Guest Starman

Good thread Frosty.

I believe that StarCorp will evolve out of the ashes of this industry over the next decade or so. Bulk aircraft purchases (already underway) will decrease cockpit incompatibility issues (not a huge problem anyway - we already fly other carrier configs under power by the hour contracts), and eventually equity transfers between flag carriers will create a super corp. The good news for pilots is that compensation levels will stabilize at the Star Alliance average.

Guest floatrr

I guess trying to merge two groups of pilots, f/a's, maint , ground services was not complicated enough? Holy Cow! That would me a monumental task.

Guest lupin

Robert,as i'm shure you have followed what has been happening in the maintenance world i'm shure you are aware AC is going to spin of Heavy maintenance.Line maintenance seems to be destined to stay with Air Canada,the company said it wanted to retain control of the day to day operation.I beleive Robin Whonsickle as been apointed new leader of line maint. with the leader of heavy not named officially yet (would probably change regardless when they sell it off)

Lupin

When AC made the announcement that Line was staying with AC and not ACTS, they tried to put some spin about Line not being profitable blah blah blah,when I cornered Giguere on a turn he was working, he confirmed what I have been speculating from the outset, that being, transport Canada would not buy into Line going with ACTS, it had to remain with the mainline.

Star North-America..Not a bad idea.

Why can't we register the A/C in Panama (Tax Free) then have them flown with Star's(International ) crews.

Hey,if it works for ships,it should work for a/c.

Archived