AIF Fee

Guest b52er

Guest b52er

If Air Canada is currently collecting the AIF fee, would they now be required to turn it over to the Airports Authorities? If not, would that not be construed as "Theft".

Any answers?

Guest kevenv

It's my understanding that anything owed before they filed is essentially gone as far as the airports are concerned, but they have to pay monies owing from that date on.

Guest Stone

I heard that the government will be letting Air Canada keep the AIF for the foreseeable future. Apparantly Clive has been boasting in the media so much about how good he is that the government has decided to let him pick up the tab for airport improvements while AC restructures. Me thinks Clive just got robbed.

Guest Demon72

While I'm not 100% sure, I believe the AIF's were collected on behalf of the airports. It never was AC's revenue as it was to be accounted for separately, much like the way businesses collect the GST. It is not considered a debt owed under CCAA. A friend in the business told me today that AC was reminded of that and he expected all the airports that collect AIF's through the airlines to expect payment in full shortly.

Archived