WJ jump gone??

Guest YVRCREEP

Guest YVRCREEP

To no longer have the priveledge of jumping on WJ is mighty unfortunate!! I'll make it a lot tougher on my commute. Question for WJaers, why can't your company just drop the charges to level the playing field instead of your guys trying to pay AC for our jump? It works good for both sides to have the option. Lots of Westjetters commute to YVR.

The service has always been great, much nicer than travelling on Jazz at times. For one you never see pax agents yelling at their bread and butter customers like you see at C38 sometimes. Also no ear plugs required when riding in a '37. Hopefully we can work something out soon.

Cheers.

Creep.

Guest Starman

You must have been riding in their 700. Row 19 in a 200 is worse than front row at a Metallica concert!

But I agree with you on the content of your post. It would sure be nice to find a way to make it work for everybody.

Guest quietwing

Pilots at WestJet wish we could lower the charges to level the playing field. The problem arises because all WS employees pay that fee for use of the jump. Some other groups at WestJet (not pilots) feel slighted by other pilots "riding for free" while they have to pay for the privelige. May the good old days return when the captain could carry whomever he/she wanted in his/her jumpseat. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly for all of our benefits.

Amen brother!
I have no problem with a reciprocal jumpseat and have accommodated WestJet pilots on several occasions at absolutely ZERO charge to these fellows (one pilot is a repeat customer). I don't blame WestJet pilots for jumping on AC considering its free and all.
The fact remains it is hardly reciprocal if we pay on your airline and you ride free on ours.
Its only a matter of time time before the deal falls through if this inequity continues IMHO
Chico

As I understand it, it was a choice of Air Canada for Wj pilots to not pay any fee (extra staff, more paper work and all that) wereas WestJet choose to have AC pilots pay the fee. Unfortunatly, either way, its the government to blame for all their ridiculus fees.

Archived