Deal??

Sky High

Sitting here at 230 in the morning wondering if theres been any deal between AC and ACPA?? Even working thru the night to try and sort things out it's going to be tough.

It seems to me that even if a deal is worked out and things proceed according to plan with all parties doing their part there will still be a considerable amount of work to be done in rebuilding the links between the unions and different organizations within the mothercorp.

The biggest factor however will be in rebuilding the trust of the public. The vast majority of the public are blissfully unaware of the problems withing the airline industry except what they read in the papers. And in the end its the consumers who pay the bills by buying seats. AC has lost a lot of customers over the last little while, many of whom are now flying with WJ or Jetsgo or Canjet not only because of the prices but because of the problems within AC, problems real or perceived. It's almost impossible to explain in sufficient detail, the inner workings of our industry, to an outsider so they will continue to view things from the medias perspective.

However it is these outsiders (read general public) that are precisely the people that AC now has to reach and reassure in order to reclaim their trust. No matter what deals are worked out between management and the unions if the consumers confidence in the company is damaged then turning the airline into a profit generating organization will be extremely difficult. This will be all the harder if the groups within the company are at each others throats. AsI'm pretty sure will happen with ACPA and ALPA if they can't come to a common agreement.

I hope for the sake of you all that those less antagonistic individuals can prevail on the rest and put an end to the rift between you so that you can get on with the business of rebuilding AC into something that can effectively compete in todays market.

I'm assuming of course that a deal is worked out with ACPA and the company doesnt' go into liquidation. Just my thoughts on things.

Archived