Hey V1V2Vgo

buzz

Sorry I couldn't add to your string (or anyone elses for that matter) the server just keeps reporting an error when I try to post a response.

As far as your post - you missed my point entirely. I'm being asked by the schmucks that run this asylum to give up more than 60% of my cheque for 6 years. The CAW gives 10% for two months, the IAM loses 1.5% for three years. Fair, huh? For 40K/yr I can bend nails here in Calgary, not commute to Toronto to do it (at $90 a pop that will be harder to afford at the awesome new payscale, too), and walk away from all this crap. You're right, UI isn't a lifestyle. There's other jobs out there aside from flying. Done this for a living for 24 years, so I'm not some fuzzy cheeked kid getting upset cuz he just discovered there's a hole in the candybag.

I'll leave the fraternal fingerpointing to others. There seems to be no shortage on either side of the family willing to flap their gums (or type) on that subject.

Nuff said.

Guest jettech

As a (reluctant) member of the IAM I just wanted to let you know that we too are being screwed! The agreement is 1.5% for 3 years but we also lose a half hour paid lunch, midnight shift premium of $2 per hour,sick days cut in half, 1 weeks less holiday...etc. All this nit picking of our benefits will cost us closer to 20% over three years. Needless to say we are not happy at all.When asked,I,and the majority of my co-workers will vote NO!!
I wish you the best of luck in your negotiations!

The IAM tried to hide the fact that they gave up our paid lunch, whatt hey did not want anyone to know, is that is worth 6.2% wage cut, plus the 1.5% so you get a sub total of 7.7% direct monetary reduction, so for myself as an LAT4 that works out to a $2.53/hr wage reduction, so I am now at $30/hr,rather paltry for an engineer, minus a weeks vacation, minus 6 sick days, no wage increase for 3 years, add in inflation of aprox 3% per annum, minus two stat holidays, it adds up to close to a 20% wage cut, so I too will be voting and encouuraging others to vote NO.

Archived