Acpa: pensions vs. jobs

Guest rance

Guest rance

Question. Acpa will have to give up something in this negotiation.The main issues i would think are the rjs to jazz and part of the pension.I would assume the majority of jr. pilots facing potential layoffs would be ex-cdn and i would also assume the majority of the acpa negotiating team are sr. ac pilots. My question is do you think the sr. boys will bend on the rjs in order to keep their jobs and pensions intact?

Everyone is saying F*!* it let's liquidate.Well have you ever truly tried to start a new carear, especially being over 50 and finding one that pays $150k? not that easy, but it may very well be a real possibility to many.

No, I'm Jazz and must admit I'm not privy to it. My appologies if I'm that far off base but I'm merely gathering stuff on the less than reliable forum.
I figured somebody would set me straight....

Just for the record the AC pilot group has always been concerned about its junior members. We have supported work sharing three times in order to prevent lay offs. I know that it is an unpopular topic, but rightly or wrongly, one of the reasons that ACPA was formed in the first place was to protect the junior pilots.

I have no doubt whatsoever that our current negotiating team will wind up with an agreement that will be even handed and that there won't be any sacrificial lambs.

Greg Robinson

Guest Skirt

The bottom 3-400 pilots are below the CAIL folks since we were hired after the merger. We would be the first to go...

Archived