Living here and now?

Mitch Cronin

I've just done something I'm sure any financial wizard would tell me I'm nuts for... I've got July off for a holiday, and my wife and I have always wanted to take a boat through the Trent Severn Waterway... We don't have the money, but we decided, if we shnooked ourselves out of some of the extras we've come to expect... and we scrimped on a few of the non-essentials, we could probably afford a boat.... So I bought a damn truck today to haul a boat I don't have yet.

It's an 88 Suburban diesel and we plan to buy any old 24 ft motorcraft that comes with a trailer and will sleep 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs. Wish us luck will you? I'm scared skinny!

Why am I telling you?... I have no flippin' idea?! If I die at the end of the summer, you'll be able to say, "Hey, that guy did it right!"... That's worth something....

Signed;

Crazy man in Claremont.

Mitch there is some good fishing in there,and if I am correct you can connect to all the Kawartha lakes,Sturgen,Balsalm,etc

Hi Robert. You're right, the waterway goes from Port Severn on Georgian Bay, to Trenton... through the Kawartha's...
I've spent some time on a lot of the lakes in between, but not in one trip, and I've talked to a lot of folks who say it makes for a great trip.
Anyway... I zapped the original message 'cause I figured it didn't belong here... I gotta stop sitting at the keyboard when I'm drinking! ;)

Cheers,

• 1 year later...
Guest WINGER

RE::It's an 88 Suburban diesel and we plan to buy any old 24 ft motorcraft that comes with a trailer and will sleep 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs.

And they have the nerve to say they are underpaid and they cry about pay cuts!

Guest YDKJ

Check the date pal. It's 2 years old.

I've been reading other posts that you've replied to. Go bitch somewhere else.

"If you don't have anything good to say, then shut the hell up"

Have a nice long weekend.

Guest WINGER

RE:: I've been reading other posts that you've replied to. Go bitch somewhere else.

Free country isn't it?

Mitch with toys like that you must have shares in an oil well!

Just curious as to the fuel mileage of your Suburban running the diesel. My sister had a gasser and they were lucky to see 11MPG's out of that pig. Put their 36 foot Airstream behind it and you planned your vacation from gas station to gas station! Just to add insult to injury that thing wouldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding. tongue.gif

Guest CabinDweller

Back in '91 I bought a $600 pair of DCs (H 10-60 -fixed or fling) and PTT all before my FAM.

Last summer purchased a helmet and made my own com mods to a tune approaching a grand. A disk lock too, and $200 Street Cuffs. All for a bike I have yet to buy.

My safety/survival kit is not only sourced, but assembled and eagerly awaiting a two or four seater to call home. Going to be a long wait.

tongue.gif It's the only way to live! tongue.gif

Archived