Flight Safety Briefings

• 6 months later...
57 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

How so?

PREFACE...It has been said that on the majority of forums on the Internet if one posts anything about any subject, once they pass 15 lines of prose, most readers move on...so in the interest of brevity I shall attempt to answer your "How so ?"  with a minimum of dialogue.

I believe in humour and music , in fact I don't think a day  goes by where I don't  engage in those two facets of my life.. I find the first video humourless and not in the interest of informing the public just how important the Flight Safety briefings are. The same can be said about the second which was concocted due to the upswing of all things Lego. My introduction to tasteless Flight Safety Briefing was with my first flight with WJ and I am overjoyed that WJ never had a major accident  where evacuation was required to save ones life.

One only has to read the testimony of survivors to understand that the majority of passengers do not pay attention, (with respect to their own personal safety), to most information verbally espoused by the crew during the briefing, (Video has eliminated that in most airplanes now),and I would venture to say that most don't even know the nearest exit point, how many rows away the nearest exit is  or the size and gender of the pax surrounding them......I and my wife have always known and we both read the "card"..

Why am I so attuned to that information?? I survived close to 43 years in airplanes and always made a point of knowing how to get "out" in an emergency....Did I ever have to "get out" ? No.. but complacency almost caused me to loose, not only my life, but the lives of others. ((you probably  read the Mil stories that I posted)) Experience is a fabulous teacher and if nothing else, whether I am driving on a hwy or a passenger in an aircraft.....I want to know how to decrease my chances of becoming a fatality  and, in my opinion, videos of that quality and their poor attempt at humour do nothing to encourage the travelling public  that, some day, the Flight Safety Briefing,  (verbal/video), may turn into  the most important aspect of ones flight.

Kip old boy, the first video was posted in Jan, no comment at the time, has your POV changed from then or are suffering from age induced media overload? ?

16 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Kip old boy, the first video was posted in Jan, no comment at the time, has your POV changed from then or are suffering from age induced media overload? ?

POV has not changed.....I don't get on this forum everyday because of a personal issue.......must have missed the January post...no media overload except TRUMP and CNN.?

4 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

POV has not changed.....I don't get on this forum everyday because of a personal issue.......must have missed the January post...no media overload except TRUMP and CNN.?

I think age related applies to most of us as those types of briefings seem to be very popular with those who came after the baby boomers, as for me I came before that wave so perhaps I am reverting to a younger age. ?

Archived