Question....

Kip Powick

I have a friend who spends 3 months of the winter down south.

They rec'd a phone call that her mother was seriously ill and would pass away in 3 or 4 days

The friend and her husband flew to YYZ and went home to Kingston

Her mother passed away 3 days later

Is she entitled to any reductions in air fare to and from YYZ and Florida??

what is the airline policy on reductions ? (AC and WJ) I don't know, yet, what airline she used.

Thanks for any info

edit to add....I think she is out of luck....e...................and I don't think they thought about being able to get a reduction prior to booking the flight, their notice of a pending death was very short.

BEREAVEMENT FARES (Air Canada)

After travel:

After-travel refunds are not available for North America itineraries; they apply only to select international itineraries that are eligible for bereavement fares.

and found this for WJ so I think I answered my own question :blush:

Bereavement fares

WestJet offers bereavement fares on all of our flights to those who have had a death in their immediate family. WestJet will offer a discount to a guest travelling to several types of funerals, including funerals of fallen firefighters, police officers, military personnel, and emergency services personnel, where the guest would not normally qualify for a bereavement fare.

• Bereavement fares:

• may only be booked by calling 1-888-937-8538 (1-888-WESTJET);

• require some additional general information at the time of booking. We may call you if we need to know a little more;

• offer maximum flexibility with no fees. We encourage you to look for a lower price on our website before booking a bereavement fare, but please note that these fares will be subject to a change fee.

Archived