Venting...canjet Sux

Kip Powick

Please..no laughter......

I normally fly each winter to ADZ on Air Transat.

This year Air Transat is using Canjet to do the flight.

I booked my trip in May for departure in Feb/2013

Seeing I could not get Air Transat CLUB CLASS I opted for Canjet Select

I was told that the seats I wanted would be available to book on 01 Aug.....that is when Canjet would open seat selection for that particular trip.

My TA emailed me and advised me that Canjet opened seat selection very early and the seats we wanted are gone..even though their website specifies that seat selection was not available until August. The Canjet reps answer was basically " tough- live with it".

OK....so I asked for different seats...what else can one do ?

If one goes to Canjet website one sees that from rows one to nine.....seat C is blocked for handicapped individuals........fair enough.

Asked for seat 2A and 2B..

Was advised that rows 2 to 9 ..all seats. A,B,C, are all blocked for handicapped pax !!!

That means Canjet has blocked 24 seats for handicapped pax even though the website only shows that they block 8 seats.

Now I have been flying down there for 10 years and have seen a maximum of about 3 handicapped pax a flight.

This blocking of 24 seats for handicapped sounds like pure bovine excretement...the seats have yet to be allocated..there is no handicap tour group on that flight. ( I have sources)

Believe me if I had another choice for a Canada direct ADZ flight I would take it

Rant over

I was looking at the AirTransat site and they don't show ADZ as a destination, where do you get off?

The flight originates in YUL and is a non-stop flight to SAN ANDRES. (ADZ)

The flight is on the CANJET Site but is being done for Air Transat

Very frustrating. I wish we could offer you 737 Air Transat service with a Club product and satisfy your expectations. But it is not to be. I am sure that the Canjet people are doing their best. Ultimately they are providing the service that Transat group has contracted and is paying them for. Do us a favor at Air Transat and complain to Transat group. They will either get Air Transat (fat chance) to do the service or will pay for and get Canjet to do it properly. I apologize for the service experience you received. Keep flying with Transat...we are a pretty good operation.

AT gave us the best flight ADZ to YUL this past winter and I sent a letter to that effect to the company. Anytime I have commented on what I consider as small room for improvements with AT, my suggestions have been met with grace and courtesy.

It was bad enough when TS dropped YYZ as a point of departure for ADZ and only offered YUL but we managed the train and the hotels at YUL but to give the flight to CANJET is really questionable based on their record of service.

Should these flights fall very short of what we are accustomed to as far as airline service is concerned.........we will be changing our southern destination in the very near future.

Archived