Race day!

Mitch Cronin

Man, I haven't paid any attention since the end of last season and now I'm surprised by name changes:... the "Sprint Cup" series? The "Nationwide" series? huh.gif

... ahh well, never mind... At least this race is still the Daytona 500! ....it's a great day for motor car racing! biggrin.gif

Guest rattler

And for those who want a Canadian Alternative, the 2008 Scotties Tournament of Hearts is happening in YQR and is being televised. Both are offered on TSN with curling now, then the cars, then more curling. Truely a great way to veg out on a Sunday. However, here in YYC the weather may encourage us to be outside rather than glued to a TV but by the forcast for most folks east of YWG, it appears to be ideal weather for you to stay indoors. tongue.gif

I know some think that curling is a little boring but then so is the spectacle of cars following each other around the track. tongue.gif Both sports are however puncuated with displays of skill and moments of suspense.

Wow! A Penske 1-2!! Never thought I'd see the day. (Well, not this year at any rate) ...Goes to show what these restrictor plate races can bring... Congrats to Ryan Newman (who deserves it!) and Roger Penske (likewise).

Archived