Home Security

Kip Powick

I have trouble understanding how you can live like that... I woke up this morning and found I hadn't quite closed our main door... my only concern was for loss of heat if I should do that after it gets cold... If I had to worry about boogy men or bad guys, I think I'd move.

Hey Mitch. I wasn't referring to being afraid in my neighbourhood. In fact, we're probably just a little too unafraid for our own good. Many times' our front door is unlocked when it probably should be locked.

I just meant that I'm tired of door to door salesmen bothering us at dinner time. FWIW, I actually had one guy go off the deep end when I tried to say I wasn't interested. He started berating me for being a stupid consumer and he even stuck his foot in the door when I tried to close it. I yelled to my wife to call the police and he turned tail and ran. Good news is, he jumped in his car and left, leaving my neighbours to enjoy their dinner in peace. I also called the company (a reputable firm with no history of such behaviour) and let them know that they had a whack job for a salesman and they'd better set him straight real soon before trouble began. They thanked me for the call and followed up with a letter from the president telling me that he'd been dealt with appropriately.

thanks for the response guys. I crunched the numbers for VoxCom and Securtek(Sasktel based system) I get a bundle discount of $5/month for going with Securtek, and it's a savings of about $250 over 3 yrs in Securtek's favor, and that includes having to pay for installation. Securtek's system is wired, which is no big deal since my basement isn't finished yet, and the guy I talked to was easy to talk to. DEFINITELY not a salesman, like the annoying Voxcom guy, who seemed more a vacuum salesman than anything else. We also get more of a system too with Securteck vs Voxcom. So I think it's settled.biggrin.gif

Archived