...........?............

Mitch Cronin

It speaks!.... I heard it speaks.... but what has it got in it's pocketses? Hmmm precious? What? ....and what's it got in it's glassssssss.... ssss.... it slurps preciousssss....it slurpsssss.... and it licks its lips!

It's candy....liquid candy.....golden liquid candy...... but .....?

In it's pocketsessss ssssnothing..... nnnnnothing! in it's pocketsesssss where the fire sticks are kept.... ....no fireysmokeysticks..... but that golden liquid candy that makes it smile.... and it smiles..... and it speakssssss.....

....and it wants a fireysmokeystick to go withe goldenliquidcandy.... thats why it's been quiet... it's been staying away from the liquidcandy and the speakingboxlightthing.... now it's looking at us.... mustn't move.... mustn't make a sound.... it looks right at ussssss.....sssssss

blink.gifcool26.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest rattler

They asked me how I knew

My true love was true

Oh, I of course replied

Something here inside cannot be denied

They said someday you'll find

All who love are blind

Oh, when your heart's on fire

You must realize

Smoke gets in your eyes

So I chaffed them and I gaily laughed

To think they could doubt my love

Yet today my love has flown away

I am without my love

Now laughing friends deride

Tears I can not hide

Oh, so I smile and say

When a lovely flame dies

Smoke gets in your eyes

Smoke gets in your eyes

biggrin.gif

Ah, rattler, you got me thinking of smoking quotes...

Thank heaven, I have given up smoking again!... God! I feel fit. Homicidal, but fit. A different man. Irritable, moody, depressed, rude, nervy, perhaps; but the lungs are fine. biggrin.gif

~A.P. Herbert (British comedian)

Remember, if you smoke after sex you're doing it too fast.

~Woody Allen

wink.gif

Guest rattler

Ah yes..... the ying and yang of smoking.

I kissed my first girl and smoked my first cigarette on the same day. I haven't had time for tobacco since. ~Arturo Toscanini

I thought I couldn't afford to take her out and smoke as well. So I gave up cigarettes. Then I took her out and one day I looked at her and thought: "Oh well," and I went back to smoking again, and that was better. ~Benny Hill

And then from a GP:

Uncool, unsmooth, unhealthy

The average general practitioner will see about five patients die of cancer each year and about two of these deaths will be from lung cancer; since I started practice here six years ago I've had six patients die with it, and it is one of the few cancers that a GP can become unpleasantly familiar with.

Lung cancer remains a modern epidemic. Most GPs already have a high index of suspicion for persistent respiratory symptoms--especially if there is a positive smoking history--but even so, most cases are diagnosed too late for anything except palliative treatment. The unique feature of lung cancer is that we already know how to get rid of 90% of cases; no further research or trials are needed, there is no ambiguity. If our population would stop smoking, lung cancer would virtually disappear

British Medical Journal

Sounds about right... the Italian takes the lady over the smokes, but the Brit chooses smoking.... laugh.gif

For a half breed like myself.... The Pommy bugger in me would have me keep smoking, while the Irish side of me won't ever stop being really angry at that other stupid half!

....Like the song says: Curse Sir Walter Raliegh he was such a stupid git!

"Homicidal, but fit. A different man. Irritable, moody, depressed, rude, nervy, perhaps; but the lungs are fine."

Now that guy knows what it's like!

Archived